Lead Inventor - Organizational Change
|Posted:||01 April 2019|
About ?What If!
We are innovators who ask and answer the ?What If! questions that help organizations imagine new futures and make them a reality. We have been ‘doing’ innovation for the past 25+ years, working with Fortune 500 clients across sectors.
We use an experimentation-led approach to define the strategy, create the inventions and change the culture to turn organizations into human powered experimentation engines.
Our values are embedded in our DNA and inform all of our decision making, not the least of which is recruitment. If this sounds like you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never stop asking ?What If!
Lead Inventors in Change strategically lead culture change projects in a new way. Our approach to change is experimentation-led, blending a creative, “doing” approach to creating behavior and cultural change with real commercial grounding. Our Lead Inventors in Change possess strategic acumen, follow a process but are much more behavior and mindset led, are insight savvy storytellers and motivators, and great idea generators and collaborators. Lead Inventors are able to drive an iterative approach to innovation and change, applying our relevant tools and behaviors of experimentation to all challenges. They are passionate about owning and cracking our clients’ innovation problems and are smart, provocative thinkers with a human approach to business.
Lead Inventor Skills:
Knowledge and IP
- Razor sharp insight and intuition that can be applied to employees and consumers alike
- Strong understanding of how businesses operate, with the ability to translate that at both the macro (organizational) and micro levels (individual)
- Possesses an agile growth mindset, understanding that organizations of the future will need to have the ability to flex and pivot based on market demands and opportunities
- Knowledgeable about traditional organizational transformation approaches, but has the ability to bring in inspiration and new ways of working and combine them to create the best approach for the mission at hand
- Inspiring story teller – collects, creates, shares and inspires through stories, has the ability to sell a POV, not just have one
- Happy, comfortable and successful working in an iterative way, without a heavy reliance on standard process
- Encourages clients and ?What If! project team to try new things (through their own actions)
- Generates new ideas, methodologies and structures to help us grow
- Ability to be an intellectual juggler and operate on multiple levels on an engagement considering the past, the task at hand and incorporating their knowledge of organization, people, politics, etc
- Motivates and inspires clients and their project teams
- Helps develop the skills of the people around them (on project and beyond)
- Can make tough calls and have tough conversations with clients and ?!
- Ability to clearly see business opportunities and articulate them convincingly
- Is diplomatic but firm (embodies appropriate levels of bravery)
- Can manage their own energy and others and brings passion to their work
- Writes and owns the POV and approach for new business pitches and proposals
- Creates, leads and grows long lasting client relationships
- Owns day-today project needs and client management
- Manages most senior clients plus any big issues throughout their projects
- Comfortable in front of groups of people large and small – enjoys delivering speeches and coaching individuals one-one-one
- Can scope and cost a project accurately and in the moment
- Understands and helps support revenue management
- Delivers against their set annual new business targets
- Ensures they and their teams are working profitably
- Lead Inventors in Change require a minimum of eight years of business experience in strategic consulting, insight, training, and/or innovation experience as well as a track record for creating behavior change and cultural transformation with individuals and organizations.
- Lead Inventors need to be idea generators comfortable working in an iterative way. They are constantly curious about the world, are a lifelong learner, and must be able to draw on their experience and also our own ?What If! tools and techniques to solve innovation, culture and behavioral change challenges
- Fast-thinking, nimble, adaptable, insight obsessed and thrive in a fast-moving environment – always open to new ideas with the ability to recognize the business value of ideas and change. Lead Inventors must be problem obsessed, but solution agnostic.
- As natural leaders, our Lead Inventors must possess the demeanor, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to establish immediate credibility with key stakeholders within the company. They must have their head and heart in balance, possessing a deeply human understanding of people problems and commercially sharp with advice
- ?What If!ers are united by 5 core values - Adventure, Impact, Passion, Love & Audacity and these come across in every project we produce as well as everyone we recruit.