|Posted:||31 October 2018|
The Junior Designer plays a critical role within small project teams to bring our thinking to life using design, layout and illustration. While exhibiting our key creative behaviours (greenhousing, playfulness, momentum and signaling) and managing their own energy, the junior designer is collaborative, creative, has a sharp eye for detail and brings passion to everything they do.
- Design/Layout (est 70%)
- Produce and design proposal, pitch and final presentation documents for clients.
- Produce and design various internal documents, ranging from marketing collateral, event material and other in-house documents.
- Client-facing Session Work (est 20%)
- Sketch ideas in sessions as they are generated and built.
- Add clarity and value to session ideas with quick iterative illustration.
- Concept Development (est 10%)
- Develop concept visuals ready to present to clients/consumers.
Junior designers should possess one to two years of relevant business experience, a portfolio to demonstrate experience in refining hand sketches using various design software.
Previous experience and training in graphic design and layout is essential as well as mastery of PowerPoint with experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, In Design and Publisher). The Junior Designer should have an understanding of the document production process (printing, binding, stock selection, etc.) and experience of image searching from stock vendors.
Accomplished at quick, freehand marker illustration, the Junior Designer should be able to quickly understand and build on a rough (new) ideas and be happy working autonomously under time pressure (i.e. sketching 30-100 starter ideas in a one day session)
Additionally, the Junior Designer should be able to understand and adapt to the visual identity of a broad array of brands, in keeping with our diverse client base. This is a busy and exciting role, so the JD should also be able to effectively manage their own time as they juggle simultaneous projects
At ?What If! we provide the top notch benefits, from career perks to the physical benefits which make everyday life a little bit easier:
- Our small-team structure means you’ll be in the room with CEOs and senior managers from the get-go. You’ll see how industries are changed and you’ll have a hand in making it happen
- We’ll surround you with smart people who have a vested interest in your development. They’ll guide and challenge your thinking and help you sharpen your strategic ability on the job
- Competitive salary
- 30 days’ holiday
- Private Medical Insurance (AXA)
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Pension (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Dental Insurance (you pay 50% we pay 50%)
- Travel Insurance (for you + a significant other travelling with you)
- Company Doctor
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Corporate Gym Membership - Fitness First
- Season Ticket Loan