|Posted:||31 October 2018|
Calling all budding Junior Designers!
As a Junior Designer you will play a critical role within project teams to bring our thinking to life using design, layout and illustration while exhibiting our key creative behaviours (greenhousing, playfulness, momentum and signalling) and managing your own energy. You'll be collaborative, creative, have a sharp eye for detail and bring passion to everything you do.
?What If! we told you what we do...
For the past 25 years we have worked with clients across an exceptionally wide range of industries and sectors. Our clients are all focused on making change in their business by inventing new products, new services and new approaches to business problems. Our mission is lasting impact.
As a Junior Designer at ?What If!, you will…
Be responsible for design and layout... produce and design proposal, pitch and final presentation documents for clients. Design various internal documents, ranging from marketing collateral, event material and other in-house documents.
You will be part of client-facing session work... sketching ideas in sessions as they are generated and built, and add clarity and value to session ideas with quick iterative illustration.
Work on Concept Development... develop concept visuals ready to present to clients/consumers.
- We are looking for candidates with at least 1-2 years of relevant business experience.
- A portfolio to demonstrate experience in refining hand sketches using various design software.
- Previous experience and training in graphic design and layout is essential as well as mastery of PowerPoint with experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, In Design and Publisher). You should have an understanding of the document production process (printing, binding, stock selection, etc.) and experience of image searching from stock vendors.
- Accomplished at quick, freehand marker illustration, you should be able to quickly understand and build on a rough (new) ideas and be happy working autonomously under time pressure (i.e. sketching 30-100 starter ideas in a one day session).
- Additionally, you should be able to understand and adapt to the visual identity of a broad array of brands, in keeping with our diverse client base.
- This is a busy and exciting role, so you should also be able to effectively manage your own time as you will juggle simultaneous projects.
At ?What If! we provide the top notch benefits, from career perks to the physical benefits which make everyday life a little bit easier:
- Our small-team structure means you’ll be in the room with CEOs and senior managers from the get-go. You’ll see how industries are changed and you’ll have a hand in making it happen
- We’ll surround you with smart people who have a vested interest in your development. They’ll guide and challenge your thinking and help you sharpen your strategic ability on the job
- Competitive salary
- 30 days’ holiday
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Pension (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Dental Insurance (you pay 50% we pay 50%)
- Travel Insurance (for you + a significant other travelling with you)
- Company Doctor
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Corporate Gym Membership - Fitness First
- Season Ticket Loan