Lead Inventor - Life Sciences
|Posted:||30 June 2021|
?What If! are a part of the Accenture Innovation Network in Strategy and Consulting.
We are innovators who ask and answer the ?What If! that help organisations imagine new growth futures – and we work with Accenture to make them a reality. We believe the organisations that will be successful are those who lead, experiment, adapt and learn, innovating from both the inside out and the outside in. We help organisations for future readiness by using an experimentation-led approach to build growth futures (vision, products, services, brands, ventures) and create growth cultures (leadership, culture, capabilities). We are here to innovate at scale, which means rolling our sleeves up to create the impact we want to see in the world.
You are a leader in building growth futures.
A strategic Innovation Leader who is comfortable blending a creative approach to solving problems with real commercial grounding. You possess strategic acumen, are an insight savvy storyteller, and an expansive idea generator with fabulous facilitation skills. Our Lead Inventors are able to drive an iterative approach to innovation, applying our relevant tools and behaviours of experimentation to all challenges. They are passionate about owning and cracking our clients’ innovation problems and are smart, provocative thinkers with a human approach to business.
You’ll be comfortable working with healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies, payers and a broadening list of clients as ?What If! Health invests in this sector’s development within our business. Projects will span:
Unlocking the future of… [*insert category title*, devices, pharmacy, etc…]
Optimise the digital health experience of….
Help craft go-to market strategies for new drugs
Improve the patient journey
Break into new categories and services
Tackle the social determinants of health
While role modelling our creative behaviours and values, our Lead Inventors lead delivery of projects, developing recommendations that answer client challenges in a human-led, yet business savvy strategic way. Together with our Directors they contribute to sales efforts, and can spot opportunities to collaborate with Accenture to deliver innovation at scale. Lead Inventors leverage project teams effectively, identify growth objectives of individual team members and effectively balances team growth needs by mentoring our talent.
Knowledge and IP
- Ability to sell a point of view, not just have one
- Happy, comfortable and successful working in an iterative way, without a heavy reliance on standard process
- Encourages project team to try new things (through their own actions)
- Ability to redirect and course correct a project as needed
- Generates new ideas, process and structures to help us grow
- Great storyteller – collects, creates and shares stories (own and ?What If!)
- Razor sharp insight intuition and quick discrimination of insight and ideas
- Ability to be an intellectual juggler and operate on multiple levels on a project and on the inventing team considering the past, the task at hand and incorporating their knowledge of organisation, people, politics, etc
- Experienced and confident in designing day plans, setting up and leading workshops, moderating consumers, using stimulus and managing the necessary quantity and quality of ideas.
- Motivates and inspires clients and their project teams
- Helps develop the skills of the people around them (on project and beyond)
- Can make tough calls and have tough conversations with clients and ?What If!
- Ability to clearly see business opportunities and articulate them convincingly
- Is diplomatic but firm (embodies appropriate levels of bravery)
- Can manage their own energy and others and brings passion to their work
- Writes and owns the POV and approach for new business pitches and proposals
- Creates, leads and grows long lasting client relationships
- Owns day-today project needs and client management
- Manages most senior clients plus any big issues throughout their projects
- Can scope and cost a project accurately and in the moment
- Understands and helps support revenue management
- Delivers against their set annual new business targets
- Ensures they and their teams are working profitably
Here’s what you need:
- Business experience in strategic healthcare consulting - growth focused work, insight and innovation experience as well as a track record for developing new products, services and solutions to business problems.
- Experience leading and managing teams – project teams or otherwise
- At least 2 years’ of client services experience, delivering work in the context of delivering on client needs
- At least 2 years’ of product innovation experience, either client side or start-up
Bonus points if:
- You are an idea generator comfortable working in an iterative way.
- You are constantly curious about the world and use that curiosity in a truly productive way.
- You are a natural leader, our Lead Inventors must possess the demeanour, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to establish immediate credibility with key stakeholders within the company.
- You are united by our 5 core values - Adventure, Impact, Passion, Love & Audacity and these come across in every project we produce as well as everyone we recruit.