Heart of House Host
|Posted:||07 June 2019|
What happens when experiments become real? For over 25 years, we’ve partnered with organisations who are hungry for growth, working with them to invent new products, services, business models and behaviours.
We use an experimentation-led approach to define the strategy, create the inventions and change the culture to turn organisations into human powered experimentation engines.
Our values are embedded in our DNA and inform all of our decision making, not the least of which is recruitment. They are not just written on job specs, but truths that we live by every day.
Heart of House Host
Every ?WhatIf!er knows how important our space is to us and to our clients.
Our offices are a surprisingly large part of our brand and appeal to the outside world. One of our clients once explained - “We love coming here because when we step inside your offices we know amazing things are possible here”. Our offices should breed imagination, opportunity and open up an everyday adventure.
But our space is also the second home to all of us every day. Meaning our two buildings need to enable and encourage the right spirit and behaviours that help 100 of us to work at our best – manifesting our values, fostering and fuelling collaboration and allowing us to live and breathe experimentation.
While nurturing our space is the responsibility of every one of us – we need someone to have full creative and executional responsibility for our space – the physical and aesthetic environment, the client and ?WhatIf!er experience, plus the cultural events which bring our space to life.
This person must have a bold yet meticulous focus on the aesthetic and experience, be naturally caring and nurturing, and ooze the humanity, charm and energy that will mean they personify us and our culture at our best.
We do things a little differently at ?What If!. Like many companies we want all visitors to our space to be welcomed, helped, comfortable and a bit wow’ed. As our Heart of House Host you will be responsible for all four of these workstreams. And workstreams they are – it takes foresight, planning, people skills, leadership, empathy, creativity and a little bit of showbiz (but only in the coolest way) to get it all right – every time.
Create and deliver our client experience
- To create, own and roll out an exceptional client experience for every client entering into the Glassworks. This should be from the first welcome to the final farewell. It should be human, dynamic, memorable so our space becomes a living manifestation of our brand.
Nurture the Physical Space Aesthetic
- Curate the physical space to ensure that our space feels and looks high-quality, embodies our core values, celebrates our work and is fit for purpose always.
- Work with our Facilities Coordinator to build relationships with our suppliers and contractors.
- Own our environmental impact ensuring that we are always working with a minimal environmental impact.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with our landlord in all communications, being aware at all times with the detail of the lease that we have with them.
- Manage and coach our Facilities Coordinator.
- Own the budget, know when to spend money and when to pull the pursestrings.
Fuel our Culture
- Imagine & own culture moments – monthly events, bar nights, external people coming in, company event calendar. The role is to imagine, execute and build energy and attendance around playful, purposeful mini events that bring people together and make them feel that ?! is a very special place to work.
Support our Teams
- Support the client teams with project logistics -organising global and UK couriers, managing post flow, ordering stationary and helping with room bookings.
- Food is love – Recognising how important food is to our clients, our teams, and our culture, and delivering and organising innovative refreshment experiences for our clients and company events.
- Space inductions – Organising and running space and health and safety inductions for new joiners.
- Work to ensure we are Health & Safety compliant - the safety of everyone in our space is paramount.
So, if you’re up for that size of challenge then we’d love to hear you.
To be successful you will also have -
- Strong understanding of how working environments effect people’s performance and attitudes.
- Natural curiosity about environment, innovation in buildings and services.
- Excellent story-telling ability, confident in meeting clients, leading tours and discussing ?! approach to the environment and the impact on our people.
- Experience leading a team in a customer focused environment so you truly understand the value of the culture we have created at ?What If! and instil in the people you manage the importance of it too.
- Proven experience in nurturing a culture and intertwining the company values in the work you and your team do across the business.
- The ability to create and forge strong and effective working relationships with cohorts and clients alike to ensure needs are met and exceeded every time a request is received by your team.
- An understanding of how to identify and develop customer service procedures, policies and standards, continually looking for ways in which they can be improved.
- Experience influencing and working collaboratively with stakeholders to drive cultural strategy and vision for space.
- The ability to remain calm and think on your feet.
What we can offer you -
- Competitive Salary
- 30 days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Pension (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Dental Insurance (you pay 50% we pay 50%)
- Travel Insurance (for you + those travelling with you)
- Company Doctor
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Corporate Gym Membership - Fitness First
- Season Ticket Loan