Senior Inventor - Shanghai
|Posted:||25 April 2019|
About ?What If!
We are innovators who ask and answer the ?What If! questions that help organisations imagine new futures and make them a reality. We have been ‘doing’ innovation for the past 25+ years, working with Fortune 500 clients across sectors.
We use an experimentation-led approach to define the strategy, create the inventions and change the culture to turn organisations into human powered experimentation engines.
Our values are embedded in our DNA and inform all of our decision making, not the least of which is recruitment.
Never stop asking ?What If!
Proven creative thinker with the versatility and skills proficiency to collaborate and experiment on a multitude of project and client types.
Knowledge and IP
- An eye for insight and the knowledge of where to go look for it
- Passion for innovation in the world and ability to create powerful ideas for clients
- A head for the commercial factors that affect our clients and their business
- Ability to define key assumptions of an idea and design relevant experiments to test them
- Master storyteller and story-crafter
- Helps to lead client thinking
- Creates and owns workshop day plans
- Master of project logistics
- Brings a learner’s mindset
- Sets strong example of ‘how to be’ in any client situation, and at a moment’s notice
- Successfully manages up and out within projects
- Positively challenges and builds on the thinking of senior leadership
- Strong facilitator of consumer and client sessions
- Optimises internal ?! resources for project work
- Displays infectious passion for innovation
- Spots new business opportunities and proactively manages them through the Compass team
- Supports other inventors on key client relationships to support biz dev efforts
- Successfully leads innovation thinking for Manager-Level clients
- Has and contributes to the ?! POV at every stage of a project
- Writes clear POV-led proposals
- Builds client relationships even after project is complete
- Manages project budgets
- Manages producers and realness throughout project
- Works smart and efficiently to time-allotted in work plan
- We are looking for candidates with 6 – 8 years of post-education experience.
- Our Inventors are creative problem solvers coming from a variety of industries. Experience in a client-services or in a consulting role (management consulting, creative services, design, finance or operations) is helpful, but not required.
- Inventors are quick learners, comfortable with ambiguous briefs, and can adapt and pivot quickly when their assumptions or expectations are challenged.
- Inventors can quickly grasp a client’s stated and unstated objectives, synthesise qualitative and quantitative data to surface insight, spot strategic opportunities, and understand a client’s current context and potential future.
- Demonstrated record of coaching and mentoring junior team members and skill with the delicate art of ‘managing up’ to keep team leaders informed and engaged.
- ?What If!ers are united by 5 core values - Adventure, Impact, Passion, Love & Audacity and these come across in every project we produce as well as everyone we recruit.
At ?What If! we provide the top notch benefits, from career perks to the physical benefits which make everyday life a little bit easier:
- We’ll surround you with smart people who have a vested interest in your development. They’ll guide and challenge your thinking and help you sharpen your strategic ability on the job
- 23 days’ holiday + 11 Public Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Mobile Phone
- Home Broadband
- Health and Wellness coverage