|Posted:||23 July 2019|
About ?What If!
We are innovators who ask and answer the ?What If! questions that help organisations imagine new futures and make them a reality. We have been ‘doing’ innovation for the past 25+ years, working with Fortune 500 clients across sectors.
We use an experimentation-led approach to define the strategy, create the inventions and change the culture to turn organisations into human powered experimentation engines.
Our values are embedded in our DNA and inform all of our decision making, not the least of which is recruitment.
Proven creative thinker with the versatility and skills proficiency to collaborate and experiment on a multitude of project and client types.
Inventor Skills -
Knowledge and IP
- An eye for insight and the knowledge of where to go look for it
- Passion for innovation in the world and ability to create powerful ideas for clients
- A head for the commercial factors that affect our clients and their business
- Ability to define key assumptions of an idea and design relevant experiments to test them
- Master storyteller and story-crafter
- Helps to lead client thinking
- Creates and owns workshop day plans
- Master of project logistics
- Brings a learner’s mindset
- Sets strong example of ‘how to be’ in any client situation, and at a moment’s notice
- Successfully manages up and out within projects
- Positively challenges and builds on the thinking of senior leadership
- Strong facilitator of consumer and client sessions
- Optimises internal ?! resources for project work
- Displays infectious passion for innovation
- Spots new business opportunities and proactively manages them through the Compass team
- Supports other inventors on key client relationships to support biz dev efforts
- Successfully leads innovation thinking for Manager-Level clients
- Has and contributes to the ?! POV at every stage of a project
- Writes clear POV-led proposals
- Builds client relationships even after project is complete
- Manages project budgets
- Manages Foundation Inventors and realness throughout project
- Works smart and efficiently to time-allotted in work plan
- A deep Understanding of Marketing and Consumers - Solid understanding of marketing and branding strategy combined with wide/deep consumer knowledge and the ability to interpret consumer insights to develop innovative approaches to problems.
- Business Analysis – bonus points if you’ve been an Analyst but it’s not a prerequisite so don’t let this stop you getting in touch.
- Business and New Product Development - Develop fresh thinking about new product/service development, have the confidence and skills to shape opportunities.
- Strategic Approach to Business - Clear understanding of how large companies work and make money, have an appreciation of what it really means and takes to innovate in a large corporate environment. Capable of framing the big picture and using this to drive ideas/ approaches, ability to scope the future and use this to win business. Hunger for finding different, not just better in everything you do.
- Brilliant Communication Skills - Confidence on your feet in front of groups of people, good at taking complex concepts and explaining them in clear, simple, engaging way, concise and persuasive written style. Have a range of influencing styles to be applied at various levels.
- Excellent Facilitation Skills - Great awareness of people and what is going on for them. Comfortable and credible thinking on your feet, positive attitude and able to create positive energy in others. Good at designing and flexing session plans.
- Track Record of Delivery - Gets a buzz from seeing impact and commits to the bitter end, have delivered change and/ or innovation in a commercial environment, can show an understanding of what it takes to make things happen in a large corporate environment.
- Excellent Relationship Building Skills - Professional, inspires confidence, works to win trust, human and authentic. Maintains importance of relationship in potentially stressful situations. Seeks first to understand, brings positive intent to every situation and individual. Can inspire to work with us and for us.
- Leadership Skills - A consummate professional who role models the ?What If! values - Love, Audacity, Passion, Impact, Adventure.
- Life Long Learner - Constant desire to learn more. Never satisfied.