Lead Inventor - Growth Cultures
|Posted:||05 March 2021|
We are innovators who ask and answer the ?What If! questions that help organisations imagine new growth futures – and we work with Accenture to make them a reality. We believe the organisations that will be successful are those who lead, experiment, adapt and learn, innovating from both the inside out and the outside in. We help organisations for future readiness by using an experimentation-led approach to build growth futures (vision, products, services, brands, ventures) and create growth cultures (leadership, culture, capabilities). We are here to innovate at scale, which means rolling our sleeves up to create the impact we want to see in the world.
You are a leader in creating growth cultures.
An innovation leader comfortable in blending a creative and strategic approach to solving organisations problems; you have proven success in changing cultures, inspiring leaders, and experimenting in organisations. You possess strategic and commercial acumen, are an insight savvy storyteller, and an expansive idea generator. You are problem obsessed, with a restless desire to deliver impact for the organisations, clients and the project teams you work with.
While role modelling our creative behaviours, values and methodologies, our Lead Inventors strategically lead projects in a new way. Our approach to culture change is experimentation-led, blending a creative “doing” approach with real commercial grounding. Together with our Directors they contribute to sales efforts, and can spot opportunities to collaborate with Accenture to scale innovation culture change. Lead Inventors leverage project teams effectively, identify growth objectives of individual team members and effectively balances team growth needs by mentoring our talent.
Knowledge and IP
- Razor sharp insight and intuition that can be applied to employees and consumers alike
- Understands human potential and how to change behaviours
- Strong understanding of how businesses operate, with the ability to translate that at both the macro (organisational) and micro levels (individual)
- Possesses an agile growth mindset, understanding that organisations of the future will need to have the ability to flex and pivot based on market demands and opportunities
- Knowledgeable about traditional organisational transformation approaches, but has the ability to bring in inspiration and new ways of working and combine them to create the best approach for the mission at hand
- Inspiring story teller – collects, creates, shares and inspires through stories, has the ability to sell a POV, not just have one
- Happy, comfortable and successful working in an iterative way, without a heavy reliance on standard process
- Encourages clients and ?What If! project team to try new things (through their own actions)
- Generates new ideas, methodologies and structures to help us grow
- Ability to sell a point of view, not just have one
- Ability to be an intellectual juggler and operate on multiple levels on an engagement considering the past, the task at hand and incorporating their knowledge of organisation, people, politics, etc
- Motivates and inspires clients and their project teams
- Helps develop the skills of the people around them (on project and beyond)
- Can make tough calls and have tough conversations with clients and ?What If!
- Ability to clearly see business opportunities and articulate them convincingly
- Is diplomatic but firm (embodies appropriate levels of bravery)
- Can manage their own energy and others and brings passion to their work
- Writes and owns the POV and approach for new business pitches and proposals
- Creates, leads and grows long lasting client relationships
- Owns day-today project needs and client management
- Manages most senior clients plus any big issues throughout their projects
- Comfortable in front of groups of people large and small – enjoys delivering speeches and coaching individuals one-one-one
- Can scope and cost a project accurately and in the moment
- Understands and helps support revenue management
- Delivers against their set annual new business targets
- Ensures they and their teams are working profitably
Here’s what you need:
- Business experience in strategic growth focused work- including culture change, leadership development, organisational experimentation, capability building and/or innovation experience as well as a track record of demonstrating unlocking human potential.
- Experience leading and managing teams – project teams or otherwise.
- At least 2 years of consulting experience, partnering with C level individuals at top corporations.
- Product innovation experience, either client side or start-up.
Bonus points if:
- You are an idea generator comfortable working in an iterative way.
- You are constantly curious about the world and use that curiosity in a truly productive way.
- You are a natural leader, our Lead Inventors must possess the demeanor, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to establish immediate credibility with key stakeholders within the company.
- You are united by our 5 core values - Adventure, Impact, Passion, Love & Audacity and these come across in every project we produce as well as everyone we recruit.