|Posted:||14 February 2019|
?What If! drives human-powered experimentation engines, partnering with organizations to solve their most pressing business challenges. We provide the safe adventure that helps to de-risk ideas, accelerate impact, and empower people and organizational transformation by using the best mechanism of learning in the world — experimentation. At ?What If!, “Design to Learn / Design to Launch” is the driving philosophy behind our approach to design, ensuring we create impact through experimentation and impact in the real world. We Design to Learn by creating concepts and visuals to test with consumers, and Design to Launch by iterating designs based on deep human insights to launch them into the world for our clients. This means our designers not only bring ideas to life through design, but also have a hand in developing the value proposition and strategy behind the design.
We’re looking for a Designer to join our New York office and bring ideas to life for clients through our experimentation-led approach. As a Designer, you’ll Design to Learn and Design to Launch through working on a diverse portfolio of projects that solve problems across a variety of industries. Crafting thoughtful, beautiful concepts driven by strategic insight is your bread and butter. Your passion for design combined with a mastery of design tools and applications means you never miss a beat on the details. Working under the direction of a Creative Director and Lead Designers, you’re equally capable of working independently as you are among cross-functional teams.
- Design concepts and deliverables in a variety of media, including but not limited to print (e.g. books, packaging, brand identities) and digital (e.g. decks, websites, apps, products)
- Blend visual design with strategy to create compelling, impactful work by incorporating synthesized user research and consumer insights into design deliverables
- Collaborate with designers and Inventors to create audacious, impactful deliverables
- Be an advocate for exceptional design to the company and clients
- Work both independently and with others in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate concepts, ideas, and design rationale, both verbally and visually
- Maintain internal brand identity and assets (e.g. business card production, branded PowerPoint deck, company website)
- Manage and communicate with printers and developers to coordinate print and digital production
- 2-4 years of design industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts, or an equivalent degree
- Compelling design portfolio demonstrating extensive experience across print and digital media — additional skills in motion and/or illustration are a plus
- Proven aptitude for quick creative problem solving and sharp attention to detail within a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in digital prototyping with a solid understanding of UI/UX design
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and taking direction from senior team members
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills, demonstrating an ability to clearly articulate ideas and present work both internally and in front of clients
- Fluency in industry-standard design applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, InVision, PowerPoint)
?What If! is an innovation company and we help organizations engineer themselves to become future ready by transforming them into Experimentation Engines. We believe that in a world changing so fast, the most valuable capability will be experimentation and the winners will be those who test and learn the fastest. Who can ‘do’, not just ‘think’.Our values are embedded in our DNA and inform all of our decision making, not the least of which is recruitment.